We offer a range of remapping and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) services for most types of vehicle whether car, van, 4WD, off-roader, SUV and many more; please get in touch for further information.
A performance tune is more than simply wringing more power from your engine, it’s also about improving the overall driving experience. A remap could provide the following benefits:
- Sharper throttle response
- Improved pulling power through increased torque
- Smoother power delivery by eliminating ‘flat spots’ in acceleration
Along with performance gains, you may notice improvements in fuel economy thanks to a more efficiently running engine, and benefit from improved safety through having more power at any time to accelerate out of difficulties.
We offer various stages of remapping with various performance options. You may need hardware additions depending how far you wish to take it; we’ll advise at the discussion stage.
Manufacturers have to set their engines up to cover a multitude of users, climates and driving styles so an economy remap can calibrate your car or vehicle to suit the specific conditions you encounter day to day.
- Significant fuel savings are possible with our economy remap
- A likely improvement in your CO2 emissions so reducing your carbon footprint
- Possible performance improvements through increases in power and torque
- Smoother acceleration by removing flat spots
- Improved throttle response
Auto gearbox tune
Manufacturers sometimes set gear ratios in a ‘one size fits all’ way so as to enable a small number of gearboxes to be used in several models. The ratios used don’t always suit the combination of power, gearbox and your specific needs, so a remap could be the answer.
They can be specified on their own or as part of a performance or economy remap. Some of the benefits:
- Faster and smoother shift changes
- Increases in power and torque
- Possible improvements in fuel economy and efficiency
- Improved responses for tiptronic or paddle shifts
We’re experienced in various auto box types such as S and R-Tronic, Tiptronic and DSG; call to discuss your requirements.
Along with ECU remapping we also offer a full diagnostic and tuning service. The existing ‘state’ of your engine’s performance is analysed either as a stand alone diagnostics service or as part of an engine tune using our state-of-the-art Dyno tuning equipment including a rolling road suitable for various sized vehicles.
Our Dyno tune can offer these benefits:
- Detect what may be causing issues if you’re concerned your vehicle isn’t performing as well as it should or fuel economy is poor
- Analyse your engine’s power output and related characteristics to determine what settings or components could be adjusted for an increase in performance
- For more extensive performance tuning, Dyno tuning can point the way for what (if any) hardware changes would be required such as uprated turbocharger, exhaust system or brakes
It can be expensive at main dealer rates to have a problem diagnosed; we can save you money as we use similar advanced equipment to fault find as used by the franchised dealer for your make of vehicle.
Where possible, we can fix the fault too - we’d be happy to advise so do get in touch next time a warning light or fault code appears.
EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) systems are part of the modern diesel engine’s anti emissions equipment. The EGR reduces the levels of NOx emissions; part of the system is a valve that can become clogged in time so affecting engine performance.
Our solution saves considerable hardware replacement costs by remapping to remove the valve’s influence in your engine’s operation whilst leaving the actual valve in place.
- Better fuel economy
- Reduction - or possible total elimination of - acceleration flat spots
- Improved throttle response
The DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is designed to catch diesel particulates to reduce emissions. The DPF keeps itself clear by ‘regeneration’ but this is dependent on running the engine at its optimum temperature regularly.
If this doesn’t happen such as with vehicles used for mainly stop/start and shorter journeys, the filter will become clogged and will eventually severely affect engine performance.
We may be able to save you the possible four figures a replacement DPF would cost by cleaning yours at a fraction of the price.